Monday 19 September 2011

Freehand Machine embroidery is the future!

Earlier this year I bought a freehand embroidery needle for my sewing machine but have had hardly any time to have a play with it. Yesterday Mr G took Miss G to Jodrell Bank (the big ear as she calls it!) to look at lots of space and science stuff. I grabbed my opportunity to have a play. I thought I would start with something simple and this is the result….




I made it into a lavender scented cushion for hanging.



After that I made a glasses case




Then I started a snowman which isn’t finished but I’ll post some pics when it is.

Finally I made a bib that my best friend has ordered from me. I now have the bug. I can see a whole load of freehand machine embroidery items making their way to my folksy shop soon!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh they are fab! How do you get the writing so neat doing freehand embroidery? I think mine would look like 'reception class at primary school' type writing LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it into a lavender scented cushion for hanging. SewLittleFabric.com

    ReplyDelete