This is what i have made:-
This plaque was so easy to make. If you want to make one all you need is an oblong canvase, a staple gun, some ribbon and scraps of fabric. This is what you do:-
- get an oblong blank canvas and measure around it with a piece of fabric you want to use as your background. Make sure you leave plenty of border for folding round the back of the canvas block.
- Cut out letters for the name and any shapes you want on it out of scraps of fabric. Place the letters on the block to make sure they fit.
- Attach some interfacing (thin) to the back of the background fabric.
- Sew on each letter using an embroidery stitch. i did mine on my machine (because i'm lazy!)
- Sew on any shapes and then centre the words onto the canvas block. Starting at one corner use a staple gun to attach the backing fabric to the back of the block
- Work your way around the block attaching the fabric at suitable intervals at the back. I did 3 across on each side.
- Tale a piece of ribbon or cord or whatever you want to use for hanging and staple to the back of the canvas and your done!
At the moment i have a thing for felt. i think its because it is so easy to work with!. i made each of these decorations in about 10 minutes.
This pump bag i started last week but finally finished today. I love the owl fabric so much!