Friday, 4 February 2011

Cute Childs chalkboard

On wednesday i nipped in a local bargain store to get some washing up liquid and whilst running down the to the checkout i spotted this .....


Now the fact that i am currently addicted to wood and spray paint made me think how much better it would look if i spruced it up a bit.  I then thought what a fab present it would make for one of my younger nieces.  Here's how it ended up after i had painted,mod podged,sewed and embellished!!





Of course as with everything i do it was super simple and easy.  I did go around the houses when making the fabric pocket for the bottom though and i have kinda painted some of the wall tiles in the utility room pink (Don't tell Mr G!) oops!.  I used bubble stickers to embellish, spray paint to paint, measured the width and then just made a fabric pocket to fit and then used scrap paper to cover the chalk box and the wiping block then mod podged them to make sure they were sealed.  I hammered the fabric pocket on with nails then used large brads to cover up the nail heads.  I have to say i am feeling rather pleased with myself on how it turned out.

















Black Kats Design

Beyond The Picket Fence



Bubbly Nature




11 comments:

  1. I have recently discovered your blog and I love the little projects that you do! Totally inspiring!
    Jille x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great newest follower from blog hop. Visit when you get a chance http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well how cute is that! Very nice pockets at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! So cute and sweet!

    I'm your newest follower from Tatertots and Jello!

    http://barefootbysea.blogspot.com/2011/02/fairy-wings-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, great job!

    I got your parcel today; I love everything, thank you ... :0)

    Shirl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Tina. I might have to try this. Where do you get the big brads from (or are they not as big as they look in the photo?) Really think this is excellent. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you certainly improved that boring chalkboard!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea Tina :) Love all your projects you come up with :)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sweet! Popping by to visit from Cariboo Butterfly Handmade.
    Come by and say hi again sometime.
    Cheers!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally loving your chalkboard.. in fact I featured it on my blog! Hope you stop by and grab your featured button @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/02/since-i-am-totally-sucking-as-crafty.html

    ReplyDelete