This week is Easter holidays so the chance of me getting much crafting done is pretty slim! Most of what i do will probably involve Lili's artistic talents!! Mr G would probably say most of my projects look like that anyway but hey ho!.
To get me motivated with all the Easter gifts i have to make i thought i would start a Easter top ten projects where i will post an Easter project everyday (ok don't shoot me if its not every day!!). Ok what are we waiting for then lets start with an easy peasy project - Easter keyrings....
These do become addictive to make . You have been warned!!
Ok want to make one?...
You will need:-
- a plastic type sticker or other embellishment. I used bubble stickers for this.
- 2 pieces of felt bigger than your sticker or embellishment
- scrap piece of ribbon
- lobster clasp key fob
- fabric glue
- take your 2 pieces of felt and lay them flat on top of each other. Place your sticker or embellishment in the centre of one piece.
- sew around the edge of the sticker/embellishment leaving a space at the top for ribbon and stuffing.
- cut around the edge close (but not too close) to the stitches.
- gently stuff the shape through the hole
- Loop your ribbon through the hoop of the keyring and then place the 2 ends of the ribbon inside the hole at the top of the felt shape.
- stitch over the gap closing up the shape making sure the ribbon is firmly in place.
- peel the sticker off slightly and apply some fabric glue to the underside then place back flat and let glue dry.