Monday 11 April 2011

Felt Easter booty bags

Ok why is it that i get myself organised months in advance for things but then right at the last minute still seem to have loads to do!. I have been making experimental easter gifts and accessories for weeks now which given Easter is a couple of weeks off i thought was ok. Then it dawned on me whilst sat soaking up the sun yesterday that Lili's last day at school is tomorrow and that i had promised we could make to make her 20 little easter presents for her classmates. Uh oh panic stricken i grabbed my sewing machine and some fabric and ribbon scraps and set about making little bags big enough to hold mini eggs or mini cadbury bars. In the end they have worked out quite sweet..

 I used poundland stickers on the front and attached them with fabric glue to make sure they don't come off.







I thought that will i was at it i might as well make some extra so i have listed them in my folksy shop.

If anyone wants to make them you will need 2 pieces of felt 3" x 4.5" 2 pieces of scrap ribbon or cord and some stickers or embellishments for the front.

Take one of your felt pieces and along the short edge sew the ribbon on like a handle ( i did 2 rows of stitching for strength) and then repeat with the other piece of felt.

Take your 2 pieces of felt and place them with wrong sides together inside and sew around the 2 long sides and the bottom short side.  Then stick your embellishment on the front and that's it....

4 comments:

  1. Those stickers are soooo cute!! They look great Tina. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous little bags, and I love the stickers too, well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! The stickers made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! And I love those stickers as well! :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete