After doing my first Easter project yesterday I have got the bug. Now I know its Mothers Day before Easter and I will get on to posting some gift ideas for that but for now its all about Easter. Over the last week I have seen a few Easter projects that have involved making a rabbit out of a toilet roll tube and that got me thinking… You know how I have a bit of an obsession with tin cans well I thought an Easter bunny gift can made using an empty tin might be quite sweet. Here’s how it turned out…
Here ‘s how to make one.
1. Cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit round your tin. You can use a piece of string or tape measure to measure round the top of the tin and a ruler to measure the length.
2. Using double sided sticky tape stick the paper round the tin.
3. Fold a piece of the same paper in half and cut out a long ear shape. Unfold and you will have two ears the same.
4. Do the same with a white sheet of paper and cut a small ear shape. Stick the white inner ears on top of the larger ears.
5. Stick ears on top of the tin
6. Using yellow card or paper cut out the cheeks shape (see mine) and then draw 3 black lines on each side for whiskers
7. cut out a triangular nose from scraps and 2 long white teeth. Stick these to the cheeks
8. Glue centre of cheeks onto tin can and then draw two black circles as eyes
9. I then added 4 flowers as embellishments around the top but its up to you. You could add a bow or some ribbon or just leave it without any added embellishments.
10. Add tissue paper inside the tin and fill with sweets,chocolates etc.